As a new blogger, i have been trolling the blogosphere for inspiration and guidance from the most popular PR blogs. There are hundreds of blogs dedicated to PR related topics. Many public relations firms have their own company run blogs that serve as a platform for disseminating information about their clients products and services. While these are interesting to read about new product launches, i am more interested in blogs that offer tips and strategies geared toward seasoned and new PR professionals. Below i have compiled a list of some of my favorite and most influential PR blogs that everyone should be familiar with. Since the fashion industry remains my primary interest, i have sprinkled in a few fashion PR blogs throughout this list. Get to reading folks!!
My Top 5 PR Blogs:
- Footprints – A shoes-off, barefoot blog, aiming to help public relations students and young professionals find their paths in the industry.
- PR Couture – One of my favorite PR blogs, PR Couture explores the ever-evolving role of public relations, marketing and social media in the fashion industry.
- Pierce Mattie – This blog attempts to stimulate “fuel for thought” about the luxury lifestyle industries and those interested in public relations, branding, new media, marketing and event planning. Their goal is to give bloggers access to the same content and attention that we give mainstream media.
- PR-Squared – Written by Shift Communication principal Todd Defren, this blog explores the business side of social media and marketing as well as changes in communication strategies.
- The Future Buzz – The Future Buzz is a digital marketing and social media blog run by communications professional Adam Singer and updated by the entire site’s community of contributors. This blog will help you become successful in spreading buzz online for whatever you’re doing on or off the web. Readers are inspired to think creatively about leveraging the web for their business, art or clients.